Multiple Choice Exams
From Oliver Johnson
Study Skills Hack created by 301 Academic Skills Centre.…Read more Less…
- Formats could include - true/false, odd one out, most accurate answer, grid format, extension questions.
- Read the instructions carefully. For example, it’s useful to know whether negative marking will be used, such that marks are deducted for wrong answers- If so make sure you understand the implications of the guessing correction.
- Know how long you can spend on each question. For example if you have twenty questions and the exam is an hour, that’s 3 minutes per question.
- Read questions carefully, highlighting key words or phrases.
- Try to think about the answer before looking at the options - there may be two that are worded similarly but with different meaning.
- It’s not a race - take time to think of the options and answer calmly.