Tips for Making an Effective Mind Map
From Oliver Johnson
A mind map is a diagram in which facts, ideas, or concepts are grouped and linked to a central theme. To create an effective mind map:
- Draw a central picture to make your mind map unique and therefore memorable in an exam.
- Add images related to your concepts around the mind map to help you remember the main ideas.
- Make your branches different colours or shapes to help memorise the way concepts link together.
- Write along the lines and branches you use to connect themes - this saves space and allows more information to be added to the mind map.
- If you are struggling to fit all the information onto one mindmap then you may need to start a new mind map for each branch.